April 2, 2007

Moving

I know some of you have heard and others of you have not....but yes, it is true...we are moving!!! I still can't believe it's really happening, but it is!! I have been feeling a whole range of emotions..happy, sad, nervous, anxious, excited, a little bit of everything. As many of you know the company Wade has been working for decided to sell the apt. complex he's been managing. They offered him a great compensation to stay until the end, but we started looking right away for a new job. Wade has been looking on and off for the last few years, but he is being paid the most they will pay someone in this position. We have been praying about it for a long time, but when we knew his job would end this summer we knew we really had to find something else. As the months went by nothing came up. My dad worked really hard to try help Wade, but there just weren't any openings. Then Wade's dad mentioned that the company he's working for has some openings. We decided to check it out just to keep it on our plate. The more we talked with the company and looked at the job, the more we started to open our minds to the thought of doing it. We talked with EVERYONE we knew and prayed HARD about it for over a month. And finally after much prayer and a whole lot of talking, we decided it is where God is leading us. I'm not sure of God's plan yet, and i sure don't see the whole picture, but I'm excited to see what he has in store for us in this next chapter of our lives. I'm scared and a little sad to leave my family. We are very close and I will miss my dad, sisters and especially my mom being just a few minutes away. It was nice to just hop over there whenever i needed too. However, because we are so close i know that things will still be the same and we already are flying back at the end of July, they are coming out in September, and then we'll be back again for Christmas. It will take a little more work, but overall i feel so blessed to have a supportive family that will miss us a lot, but will also make the effort to see us a lot too. We will be moving to the town of Edwardsville, ILL, just over the Mississippi river from Missouri. We'll be about 25 min. to St. Louis, and about 50 min. to Wade's parents house. We are looking for a house over there and excited to finally have a little more room. We are looking at new homes in the 170's to 200's, ya, can you believe it?? The town has about 25,000 people and a huge university (SIUE). Anyway, that's all I have for now. We just put our house up for sale yesterday, so anyone who's looking let me know. It's going for $215,000, We are going to really miss Browns Point. It is such a great area and we LOVE our neighbors! Wade and I want all our friends to know that they are welcome in Illinois anytime. We will have a house with a finished basement, so all you've got to do is pay for your plane tickets and the rest will be FREE!! And we will be back here to visit a lot, so you won't be getting rid of that easily:) Wade and I are so blessed to have all of you in our lives and we know that you are all the kind of friends that don't let a little distance get in the way...thank goodness for myspace right!!:0

No comments: