April 13, 2009

Happy Easter 2009

We celebrated Easter with my family last weekend (pictures to come soon) and then we spent this last weekend with Wade's family. The Easter bunny came to our house early in the morning and then we headed out to church. Here are a few pics of the kids before we headed out (and before the ruined their outfits)
After church we headed over to Wade's Aunt's house for a big brunch (the food was amazing!) We had an Easter egg hunt for the kids and they both got more Easter baskets and more candy! Our attempt at a family picture (this is about as good as it gets)
Janette helping Charlie find the eggs
We had been listening to a special Veggie Tales Easter CD that told all about the real Easter story. During the CD they put out an empty egg to symbolize the empty tomb. So I put one out too and made sure Gracie got it. She thought it was pretty neat. I think it's so important to keep reminding them about the real meaning of Easter and this was a really fun way to do it.

7 comments:

Alisha said...

The kiddies are adorable in their Easter outfits!

Mrs. Drummond said...

I love the empty egg idea and the veggie tales movie. I will have to do that for next year! Thanks!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

The family photo is great!! You all look amazing!!

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Super cute kids you have there! I love their outfits... and I'm glad you had such a wonderful Easter.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

When is the Bloggy baby announcement coming??

Mel

McCray Family said...

You are so great with your camera! The pics are great! I hope you are still feeling well and enjoying the springtime. Its starting to get warm here, its great!

Stephanie V said...

Hey! Great photos! I love the kids' outfits!! SO CUTE!! Give them a hug for me. Miss you all!