September 5, 2008

Poor Charlie boy

Today was Charlie's first day of preschool, but he didn't get to go. Last night he was playing in the basement with sissy and tripped and fell right on his front tooth. I thought for sure it was going to fall out, but somehow it manage to stay put. He was up most of the night in pain. We talked to the dentist today and there isn't much they can do for him. The tooth is pushed back a bit, but when his adult teeth come in he won't have to worry about it. If it somehow caused nerve damage and the tooth becomes decayed or gets an abscess they may have to remove it. We are praying it won't come to that. I was amazed to find out that if I kid knocks out a tooth the dentist usually tells the parents just to leave it out and wait until the adult teeth come in. Can you image Charlie without his front teeth for 4-5 years?!?! Anyway, we dropped Gracie off at school and went and talked to Charlie's teacher. He was upset, but as soon as we got home he went right down for a nap. He already is looking and feeling better. I took some pics of him...but I'll take more next Friday when he goes back to school. IMG_3858 IMG_3856 IMG_3857

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Poor guy!

nikki said...

Oh, Charlie... sorry buddy! He sure looks so cute, and I love the Backyardigan backpack- I bet he was one happy boy when he got that!

Renee said...

Poor kid! I'll pray for you too that he doesn't lose that tooth! My cousin had a front tooth knocked out when he was about 2 years old, and the dentist put in a bridge--I thought it was so it wouldn't affect his speech--that would be my concern too! Too bad he had to miss his first day of school too. He looked like such a big boy, and ready to go.

Mrs. Drummond said...

That stinks! As a child, I fell off a scooter and my two front teeth hit the cement. One tooth fell out instantly and the other the dentist had to pull. I had no front teeth for a few years, but it was cute. Hope that he is feeling better and that the tooth doesn't have to be pulled.

Jill said...

Max had the same thing and I too was shocked that if he lost it they wouldn't do much. It seems to be ok now. Max was looking at the blog with me and said "look mom, backyardigans backpack" smart little people!

Alisha said...

Poor guy! I like his cute little smile, though

McCray Family said...

Devon got his front four teeth at 5 years, 3 months, so maybe it won't take too long for Charlie either! Poor guy!