In the car all ready to head out!
September 28, 2010
C H I C A G O!!!
This birthday was a big one for me...I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I am old enough to have a 7 year old! But I am, and I couldn't be more proud of how Gracie has turned out. This last year she's had to help out around the house a lot, and deal with a little less attention from mom and dad. Having a baby in the house again has been so much fun, but very time consuming too. I asked Gracie if she wanted a friend party this year, or if she'd rather just spend a few days just with mommy. Well, she picked me! So my mom came up with this great idea to take her to Chicago. Gracie's been wanting an American doll for a little while now. So, we thought we'd make a weekend out of it and surprise her by taking her to pick out her own American Girl! It was so much fun and relaxing to just spend time with her.
In the car all ready to head out!
Nanna and Gracie walking through Chicago
She told me to "hurry up!" we were right across the street from the AG store.
At the front doors, so excited!
Here is the one she picked out! She wanted a doll that looked just like her.
Welcome Katie!
Katie and Gracie meeting face to face...:)
Gracie picked out a winter outfit for her doll.
And then we took her (not Gracie..don't worry, the doll) to get her ears pierced.
In the car all ready to head out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow- What a fun trip!! The pictures are awesome, I can't wait to show emma picks of "Katie" :) Glad you guys had so much fun!! Gracie is getting so big, I love the lost tooth!
So Cute!! Caroline and I leave for the Windy City on Monday...she is so excited!! Where did you find the matching outfits?? I am so glad that you guys had a great time!
ps...Happy Birthday Gracie!!
She will have many fond memories of this trip (as you will too). I can't wait for Hayden and I will be able to do something like that.
Myssie, we found them at JcPenney's or Sears..I can't remember. They have a whole selection of matching outfits. I think it's called dollie and me.
You and Caroline are going to have a blast! Can't wait to see the pics!
Post a Comment