June 6, 2008

One Year

Well one year ago we were just arriving with our HUGE u-haul full of all of our belongings. I was so excited to see our new town and so sad to have left everything I know behind me. I cannot believe that an entire year has flown by. God has proved to me once again just how in control He is. I NEVER thought I would move anywhere, especially the midwest. But God knew better, and I listened, and here I am. I am enjoying all of the wonderful blessings He is giving us. I miss the beauty of the mountains, the oceans and the cool ocean air, but I'm finding new beauty in areas I would have never looked. I'm also loving that my life has slowed down so much. I'm really living in the moment and taking each day as it comes. What I love the most is that Wade is home all the time. We eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with him. He loves his job, it pays well, and he's so relaxed. And finally we get to all eat dinner together as a family. It has also been so nice to pay all of our debts off, and for the first time have a nice amount in savings AND checking, it's just been nice to find that everything is so much more affordable. And the biggest surprise of the year was having my ENTIRE family move out here. That was the hardest part about moving away, but God knew the bigger picture and it's so wonderful to see it unfolding. I feel so blessed that my kids get to have BOTH sets of grandparents close by...that really is rare today. I just really feel blessed. God has given me more than I could have ever asked for. I still miss my home sometimes. I can't wait to take the kids back and let them enjoy the beach and the mountains. I miss my wonderful friends who really are the cream of the crop. I miss those friends that know you through and through. I'm excited to get to get to know my new friends here, but I wish I could take all of you back home and package you up, and fly you out once a month. :) So, it's been quite a year, a crazy one full of changes. I can't wait to see what the next one will hold, I can only hope that it will be as good as the last one. One thing is for sure I will still be blogging! I'm hooked!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, has it really been a year. Time sure does fly, and thank goodness for blogging because I feel like I've been able to keep in touch and see what life is like for you guys over there. A lot has changed for you guys in a year, and I'm so glad it has all gone so well and smoothly for you. It's amazing what happens when you let go and trust that you are not the one in control, God is. And it's even more amazing to have friends who recognize and understand that! I'm so thankful for you, and your friendship, even though we're miles apart... atleast we know we can be neighbors again someday :-)

Renee said...

Well, I for one am so thankful that you're here, in the Midwest!

It's been great getting to know you and your family, and we look forward to more fun together!!!

Congratulations on surviving one year of this horrible Illinois weather! And thanks for not griping about it too much.....

nikki said...

One year....oh my, I can't believe it. In some ways its gone slow, cuz I miss you like crazy, but its been awesome to see what God has been doing for you guys- its really a miracle how everything worked out! Tell Gracie and Charlie hi from Emma and Ben :-)