January 24, 2009
A great year!
Well I keep meaning to download my pics and get them on here, but something comes up and gets in my way! I will do it soon.....sorry!
It's been a busy few weeks, but I am looking forward to 2009! I cannot believe all that this year will hold! Charlie will turn 3 next month (how can this be???) and Gracie will turn 6 in September and start all day kindergarten....wow! Wade and I will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary and are hoping to get away to somewhere we've never been. We are looking forward to a few vacations this year, the first one in March to Chicago. I've never been, but all I hear is how awesome it is and how much there is to do there for kids and adults. I can't wait!
My parents have almost been here for a year and the time has flown by. We are so lucky and blessed to have both sides of our family here, and the kids are spoiled and Wade and I are never short on babysitters.
I'm hoping to get back to my running this year. I was doing really good last year, but once it got too cold, I quit. I just do not like to run inside at a gym. I love to run outdoors, feeling the wind and choosing where I want to go. So.....I'm ready to get going again. I have to wait another week or two as I went into the doctor and she found some cysts on my ovaries. I need to go through that medicine and then I'll be all ready. I also have a check up with my regular doc next week to check out an irregular heartbeat (man, I'm getting old). I've been noticing it comes on almost every time I drink a soda...so I'm afraid they are going to tell me I have to stop...that would be the saddest day ever.....but maybe it's for the best.
Anyway, I'm enjoying this 30th year of my life and realizing that I need to keep my body healthy so it can keep going for many more years! I am loving watching my kiddos grow. This age is great, they are not babies anymore, so we can just hop in the car and go anywhere. It's been really nice, but still makes me kinda sad that they are growing up so fast. We've talked about adding to our family, but are waiting until the cysts are gone....and well..just waiting until we are fully ready (which you never really are).
We are looking forward to the arrival of the kid's first cousin in April, we can't wait! It's going to be a little girl (I think they've settled on Mackenzie, but not 100%) and Gracie is really excited to be a "mini mommy."
The photography business is going great! We are getting ready to change the name and look, we were super busy in the fall/winter with family photos. We will get that going again in the spring. We have a few weddings already lined up this year and are hoping to branch out into newborns....they are so precious.
Anyway, thought I'd get out an update, and pictures will be coming soon! Here's to a great 2009!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with the cysts...and I know you will love getting back into running.. Thanks for the recap..
Mel
Post a Comment