November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

"It is therefore recommended ... to set apart Thursday the eighteenth day of December next, for solemn thanksgiving and praise, that with one heart and one voice the good people may express the grateful feelings of their hearts and consecrate themselves to the service of their divine benefactor ..." Samuel Adams November 1, 1777 (adopted by the 13 states as the first official Thanksgiving Proclamation)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I just clicked on your like that says "Please Pray for Caitlyn" and was just drawn in by this little girl's story. I kept reading and reading, and followed links to other children's stories and websites too. I could not stop the tears, these poor children dealing with such a horrible cancer. But as so many of the websites said, these children are the "Miracle" It made me reflect on my own faith and Praise God for the 2 precious gifts he has given me. It reminded me that I need to appreciate each and every moment with them, because life can change so suddenly. Because of these children and their stories, I will never again complain when one of my kids wakes up in the middle of the night and calls out for me and won't go back to sleep, I will never get annoyed with the growing piles of laundry and the countless toys I have to put away each day, because today, and FOREVER, I am grateful that God has placed these children in my life. I will cherish each smile and every conversation I have with each of my children. Thank you for sharing that story about Caitlyn, she will be in our prayers.